Friday, March 20, 2009

More Maternity Contest Results: Olympic Style Weight Lifter 4 months pregnant


Cherie heard about our contest from Joylyn and Mas, two firefighters who's wedding we're shooting this summer. When I got Cherie's email asking if I would be interested in shooting Olympic Style weight lifting, I was completely excited, but I had no idea what a cool couple I would be meeting.

Matt and Cherie Chan run Crossfit Verve, the newest gym in the Highlands. I just took a look at their website, and the Workout of the Day today apparently is this: "100 Pull-ups for time. Here is the catch. Everytime you drop off of the bar you will need to do a predetermined amount of squats." After seeing that, I signed Kevin up immediately for a few months of working out with these two....we'll be posting before, during, and after photos.

Needless to say it was a very exciting shoot, and I was completely moved by how strong and courageous Cherie is. We immediately clicked, and had such a great time making these photographs. Thank you both for sharing your gym, and your lives with me. Here are a few of my favorite images. You two rock!

Click here for the slideshow.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah! She's incredible and so are the photos. These pics express her very true physical beauty. I'm partial to the editing treatment and the back light. Oh and the row of bumps made me laugh!

Rachael said...

Awesome Jess! Her arms are freak'n unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome pics! Mas and I are so excited for our wedding and so glad that two totally great couples like all of you could meet!Cherie and Matt have a mental strength and genuineness that you captured in these pictures.

Kevin & Jessica Bergthold said...

Geeze you guys, thanks....Cherie did all the work, I just snapped pictures!