Thursday, July 17, 2008

Kake!

So as wedding photographers, we get to eat A LOT of cake! Rather, I often merely taste a lot of cake, because I, Jessica, am very picky about cake. I can smell a cake from a box a mile away, cannot stand the icing that comes on your local grocery store cake, etc.

So when I had to choose a bakery for the cupcakes for my baby shower (my friends are planning it from California, and Glenwood Springs) who did I choose? Well, lately I've had some fantastic cake. I was not quite sure who the baker was, since we rarely get to see the baker, but I went the extra step to discover who had made the fantastic cupcakes at Melody's wedding (I am embarrassed to admit, I ate four, and took one for the road). It was Kelley, from Kelley Kakes. So we gave Kelley a call.

Now normally I'm not one to go on and on on our blog about vendors, but Kelley makes GREAT Kakes, and they also look fantastic. It is truly hard to find a baker who is both an artist, and can bake a great cake. So if you're looking for a baker give Kelley Kakes a try. You won't be sorry.

No comments: